Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Throwback: RJD2 - Ghostwriter


Tonight producer extraordinaire RJD2 comes to Boston's Paradise Rock club. Anytime I hear his music or think of him in general, I'm brought back to my freshman year at UVM when my roommate Theo would play his music. Most notable was "Ghostwriter", which is easily one of RJD2's most popular and recognizable tracks. Theo turned me on to a lot of music, but when I first heard the chords of "Ghostwriter" I had to ask - who is this?? From there I proceeded to grab his albums Dead Ringer (2002) and Since We Last Spoke (2004) and haven't looked back.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see RJD2 at UVM's Spring Fest my freshman year, but I'm looking forward to covering the show tonight for MMIBTY.


Rjd2 Ghostwriter

BONUS:
Over the summer the boys of France's Mustard Pimp, on Steve Aoki's Dim Mak records (Dada Life, Bloody Beetroots, Autoerotique), released their track ZHM. It was remixed by several artists including the mighty Dada Life. Personally I heard the Dada Life remix way more than any other, and I'm thinking the original mix may not have garnered the attention it deserved. It's funky and electro-y at the same time, while featuring some nice female vocals. I fired it up over the weekend and thought the readers of the G Spot needed to go back and give it a listen.

If you're in Boston, don't forget to check them out at the Middle East on October 25!


Mustard Pimp featuring Ze!? ZHM

No comments:

Post a Comment